Sunday, February 24, 2013

From Couch to Confidence: Big Girl Lifestyle 5 Tips to Boost your Morale


I have a closet full of clothes in sizes that range from a size 12-20. I literally have my own Plus Size Store in my bedroom closet. The one size that hasn't changed significantly is my size 9 shoes with the exception of a few 8.5 shoes I purchased on sale.

Have you ever had those days when you try on clothes and the bulge is screaming out at you like a child having a temper tantrum? I stood in the mirror contemplating accessorizing my body with a pair of Spanx which I knew would add an additional 10 minutes to my dress time.  I really didn't want to feel constricted around the waist today because I my body feels more natural without the contraption and normally I wear the Spanx garment for some special occasions.

If you have ever felt like this, I invite you to check out the tips which will help you change your thinking while you are redesigning yourself to your new lifestyle change.


5 Tips to Boost Your Morale

  1. Create a vision board- A vision board allows you to spend quality time with yourself searching through magazines to construct a collage of images which define:
    • Who you want to become.
    • How you want live.
    • What lifestyle changes you desire to attain.
  2. Good Posture- Standing and walking without slouching will improve your confidence. Be alert of the people around you. (I used to always tell our son to walk with his head up because he sent the message to others that he was uncertain.)
  3.  Fashion Forward- Dress for success to accent your personality. Shopping at plus size stores are not as stale as it use to be in the past. Although clothes do not define who you are, find an outfit that boost your mood.
  4. Speed up your pace- Improve your mood by walking 25% faster.
  5. Photo Shoot- Embrace the art of your character with professional or amateur photos and add them to your vision board.


Supplies needed vision board:    
  • Poster board. (Target sells a really nice matte finish board. I highly recommend it.)
  • A big stack of different magazines.
  •  Glue. Not the liquid Elmers. (The pages ripple.)Yes! Glue or Rubber cement is best. Glue sticks will work but it won't last.

 

Butterfly by Mariah Carey

Know thyself! A maxim as pernicious as it is ugly. Whoever observes himself arrests his own development. A caterpillar who wanted to know itself well would never become a butterfly. ~Andre Gide
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment